Monday, March 30, 2015

Chloe Ballerina











This was a fun, quick project from start to finish.  On friday, my husband reminded me that my daughter was going to her good friend's birthday party the next day.  He actually said "aren't you guys going to Chloe's birthday tomorrow?" and I said "yeah" all non-chalant.  Then iI was like (inside my head) "crap!  that's already tomorrow?!"  so after family movie night, and after the kids were sweetly tucked into bed, I got to work!  I decided to use the recent calla illustration to my benefit, so i shrunk it down to fit on a regular 8.5x11 sheet of paper and printed it off.  Then i reshaped the head to be less fluffy-cat and more round-girlie.  Everything was basically the same as constructing calla ballerina kitty, except way smaller.  Luckily i recently bought 25 pounds of amazingly awesome stuffing (yes i said 25!) and my husband made me some amazingly awesome stuffing sticks, so those tiny arms and legs were no trouble at all.
She's a great little sister size to the original Rosey Rag Doll (pictured with Jade), and I think she must be the star student to calla kitty herself.
I love how the stories of my creations evolve as more of them appear, and begin to relate to one another.
The real chloe, for whom the doll was made, is quite an excellent ballerina herself.  her mama sends word that doll and girl are already quite good friends!

 My little lady is eagerly awaiting her own little ballerina doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment