Friday, March 27, 2015

Elsie Peanut











I started the Rosey Rag Doll project back in November as an outlet for my creative yearning.  Baby #2 was  7 months old, and oldest girlie, 7.  it was TIME to create!  No more waiting, no more excuses.  I mean, come on.  Who needs sleep anyway?  :)
The itty bitty princess and the pea set was my first sale on Etsy!  Woo hoo!  Then i made Catlin cat, and it just kind of took off from there.  Its amazing how far I've come in such a short time.  I guess all you really have to do is commit yourself to an activity and it kind of commits itself to you too.

For example, I love how I can kind of judge just how much thread I need to sew on a particular piece.  Its such a thrill when I come to the end and there's just enough to tie it off and trim!  It's the little things, isn't it?

Now I feel like I'm really getting the ball rolling.  I went through a little beginners luck there for awhile where several facebook friends jumped in to support me, and then some strangers too (Australia even!).  I have some wholesale purchasing plans in the works, and I'm setting up my brand with some social media outlets.  This is a lot of work to do during a baby's nap!

Finally I feel like I'm ready to make it happen.  I made the decision and the Universe just kind of opened itself up to my dreams.  I look forward to everyday because I have a little bit of time to make something new, or add a cool new feature to somebody, or sew clothes!  I love fun :)

Elsie Peanut has lots of little hidden details.  I love how her glasses snap on.  She has little leather peanuts in her over-the-shoulder pouch, the strap can be a belt or a trendy little bracelet for Elsie's human friend.  And of course, a cute little bow clip that can also be added to the end of a long blond braid (that's where ours ended up).

I love Elsie.  She is a little like me.  Though, I guess they all are.



1 comment:

  1. She is very clever and you too, love the spotted head.
    Glenis

    ReplyDelete